The Department of Cardiology of Acquired Heart Diseases
The Department of Cardiology of Acquired Heart Diseases was founded in 1995. Since 2000 it functions on the basis of the V.I. Burakovskiys’ Institute of Cardiac Surgery as a member of the Department of Acquired Heart Diseases, and since 2005 as an independent division.
Tatyana G. Nikitina
The head of the Department
Honored Doctor of the Russian Federation
Irina B. Nezhdanova
Deputy head of the department
Senior Nurse: Julia V. Loskutova
Operations in the department are performed by:
MD Shamsiev G.A.
MD Filatov A.G.
electrophysiologist, head of Heart Rhythm Disorders Department
PhD Petrosyan K.V.
endovascular surgeon, head of the Department of Cardiovascular X-Ray Diagnostic and Treatment Methods
The department receives patients for examination, medical treatment in order to prepare for surgical interventions:
- after previously performed surgical correction of heart defects (BSCCS and other clinics of the Russian Federation;
- after previously performed combined operations - correction of valvular defects and CABG (BSCCS and other clinics);
- after previously performed myocardial revascularization (BSCCS and other clinics of the Russian Federation);
- patients 65 years and older with hypertension, multifocal atherosclerosis, coronary artery disease, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, obesity 2-4, chronic renal failure I-II-III. (Including those on programmed hemodialysis);
- patients with compulsory medical insurance policy for examination and treatment (including under the ACS and AHRD program from Moscow, the Moscow region and other regions of the Russian Federation);
- patients with oncopathology for coronary angiography, to whom in the future need surgical treatment of oncology.
The whole spectrum of diagnostic procedures of the cardiological and vascular profile is performed to assess the state of hemodynamics:
- transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography;
- load tests: treadmill-test, myocardial scintigraphy with physical exertion or pharmacological breakdown, positron emission tomography of the myocardium (in conjunction with Nuclear Diagnostics Division in conjunction with the Positron Emission Tomography Imaging Center);
- ultrasound of the main vessels; ultrasound of abdominal cavity of retroperitoneal space and thyroid gland;
- Holter ECG monitoring, 24-hour blood pressure monitoring;
- computer methods of examination of internal organs, coronary and main vessels (CT, MRI, MS CT with contrast) (in conjunction with X-ray Diagnostics Division).
The whole range of endovascular aids for the treatment of IHD (coronary artery stenting) and stenosing lesions of brachiocephalic vessels (stenting of carotid arteries) is performed; Radiofrequency ablation of arrhythmogenic zones and additional pathways with heart rhythm disturbances of the congenital and acquired character; Implantation of permanent pacemakers for conduction disorders of the heart (ECS); Correction of valvular heart disease and surgical treatment of IHD both with the use of artificial circulation (AIC) and without it (minimally invasive myocardial revascularization).
A thorough examination is carried out, including consultations of related specialists (neurologist, endocrinologist, urologist, detoxologist, etc.), drug preparation and selection for operation with artificial circulation of patients with high risk factors: elderly and senile age, chronic heart failure, repeated operations on the heart, aggravating the concomitant disease (age> 65 years, diabetes, previous history of stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, obesity 2-4, chronic renal failure I-II-III, etc. ).
The employees of the department take part in the work of visiting advisory teams under the guidance of professor Kljunnikov I.V. and actions of the "League of National Health" under the leadership of acad. RAS Bokeria LA.
In the Scientific-Advisory Department of the V.I. Burakovskiys’ Institute of Cardiac Surgery consultative reception of patients is carried out in the room № 221 (cardiologist Marina V. Mekoshvili).
The spectrum of pathology: patients older than 21 years with congenital and acquired valvular heart disease, IHD, multifocal atherosclerosis, rhythm and conduction disorders of the heart, chronic heart failure against the long-term valvular heart disease and / or ischemic heart disease.
Annual reports data 2013-2015: