Laboratory of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobial Therapy
Modern clinical practice is impossible without quality laboratory support. In the laboratory of clinical microbiology and antimicrobial therapy a wide range of microbiological studies necessary for ensuring sanitary well-being in the Center, as well as for diagnosing and treating infections is carried out.
All tests are performed by using of modern automated equipment:
- Automatic incubators for blood cultures BacT / ALERT 3D 120 and Bactec 9050 – systems for rapid detection of growth of microorganisms in blood and other biological fluids;
- Microbiological analyzer VITEK 2 compact – phenotypic identification of clinically significant microorganisms, determination of their susceptibility to antimicrobial agents;
- MALDI-TOF mass spectrometer VITEK MS – fast (for several minutes) and accurate identification of microorganisms using the matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass-spectrometry method;
- Analyzer Adagio – determination of sensitivity of microorganisms to antibiotics by the disk-diffusion method with automatic reading of the zone diameter breakpoints, subsequent interpretation and complex analysis of the results;
- VIDAS analyzer is a multiparameter automatic immunochemical analyzer based on the technology of enzyme-linked immunofluorescence analysis;
- The KRYPTOR Compact Plus analyzer is an automatic multiparameter immunochemical analyzer based on the TRACE (Time Resolved Amplified Cryptate Emission) technology.
The laboratory annually participates in the programs of the Federal System for External Quality Assessment of Clinical Laboratory Research (FSVOK).
Among the priority tasks of the laboratory is the development and implementation of new express methods of microbiological diagnostics. The approaches we currently use allow us to obtain results 1.5-2 days faster than by using of traditional methods, which is very important for ensuring timely and adequate treatment of patients.
The main types of tests:
- Microbiological investigation of various biomaterials with identification of pathogens and determination of their susceptibility to antibiotics;
- Sanitary studies;
- Determination of the procalcitonin levels;
- Express test for Clostridium difficile toxins A and B.