What we treat
A.N. Bakulev Center provides surgical treatment of patients of all ages, since their first days, with any cardiovascular diseases: coronary artery disease, congenital and acquired heart defects, diseases of aorta and its branches, of lymphovenous system, heart rhythm disorders, cerebral circulation disorders, heart tumors, vascular diseases and many other diseases.
Congenital heart diseases
The best Russian pediatric cardiac surgeons and specialists in endovascular diagnostics and treatment help patients of all ages (including newborns and those in critical condition) with complex and combined congenital heart diseases and defects of great vessels.
Operations for congenital heart diseases performed at A.N. Bakulev Center include:
- total repair of total anomalous pulmonary venous connection,
- staged repair of pulmonary atresia of all types,
- total repair of congenital defects of arteries and coronary arterial inflow,
- total repair of tetralogy of Fallot,
- hemodynamic and semi-ventricular repair of a functionally single ventricle (bidirectional cavopulmonary anastomosis, the Fontan procedure),
- total repair of the double outlet of the right or left ventricle,
- staged repair of the hypoplastic left heart,
- total repair of simple and complex transposition of the great arteries,
- closure of septal defects and intervascular connections,
- repair of the interrupted aortic arch and / or aortic coarctation,
- endovascular repair of critical stenosis of the aortic valve and pulmonary artery,
- total repair of complete atrioventricular canal defect,
- total repair of subvalvular and supravalvular stenosis of the aorta and pulmonary artery,
- total repair of the common truncus arteriosus,
- total repair of Ebstein anomaly,
- total repair or replacement in congenital pathology of mitral, aortic and tricuspid valves,
- surgical treatment of primary and associated pulmonary hypertension.
Coronary artery disease
The Center performs surgeries for acute coronary syndrome, for chronic form of coronary artery disease and its complications:
- angioplasty and coronary arteries stenting,
- isolated coronary artery bypass grafting,
- coronary artery bypass grafting combined with mitral valve reconstructive operations and reconstructive surgeries of postinfarction ventricular septal defects,
- left ventricular reconstruction,
- transmyocardial revascularizations,
- coronary artery bypass grafting combined with surgical interventions on the great arteries.
- We also perform minimally invasive myocardial revascularization.
Heart rhythm disorders
Experienced surgeons-arrhythmologists perform endovascular and surgical procedures to treat simple and complex heart rhythm disturbances in children and adults:
- catheter ablation (radiofrequency, cryoablation, etc.),
- surgical destruction of arrhythmogenic zones,
- Maze procedure,
- implanted devices for chronic heart failure (CRT-D) and malignant arrhythmias (ICVD).
Acquired heart diseases
Our cardiac surgeons help patients with acquired heart diseases of different origin: with rheumatic, degenerative and infectious lesions of the heart valves.
We perform redo valvular surgeries and combined procedures with coronary artery bypass grafting, surgeries for tumors resection, including those in combination with valve replacement and valvuloplasty.
Aneurysms and dissections of the ascending aorta
At A.N. Bakulev Center operations are performed for aneurysms and dissections of the ascending aorta in combination with surgeries on the brachiocephalic arteries and aortic arch as well as valve-sparing procedures for aortic aneurysms.
We also have a great experience in the treatment of:
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Constrictive pericarditis
- Thoracic and abdominal aorta aneurysms
- Lesions of the branches of the aortic arch
- Leriche syndrome
- Lesions of the branches of the abdominal aorta
- Occlusive diseases of limb arteries
- Aneurysms of the peripheral arteries
- Thromboembolisms of pulmonary arteries
- Varicose disease of the lower extremities
- Diseases of the lymphatic system.
Moscow, Rublyovskoye shosse, 135
Moscow, Leninsky prospect, 8, building 7